Home » Technical Description – SR Memo

Technical Description – SR Memo

To: Professor Rodwell

From: Abel Jacob

Technical Description Memo

04/02/2023

The purpose of this memo is to outline and review my work on the Technical Description Essay. Throughout this essay I was tasked to write a manual style essay which included an overview of the product, any background and historical information related to the product, technological innovations that led to the creation of this product and its uses. The body of this essay consisted of detailed analysis and breakdown of all the parts and subparts with images that show the parts in specifics. Finally the essay ends with a conclusion of the parts and subparts and including pros of the item as well as practicality, and why the product overall is beneficial to its users.

Throughout the writing process I was able to improve my analysis skills in real life which strengthens my ability to observe and realize real world problems. This is a crucial engineering skill as the whole field is based on observations on how certain things can be improved or how problems can be solved. I was also able to utilize certain breaks in the flow of the essay in order to specify each subpart individually and not clump them together creating a confusing portion of text. This allowed for critiques of the items and how they complemented each other. 

The main conclusion I found while working on this essay were improvements in analyzing real life items, how they work and function, constructing a manual type paper which allows for readers to fully understand each part and its specific function on its own and related to the rest of the item.